Monday, January 28, 2013

I Shall Kill You with Tofu!

Before I start this rant, I just want to say that I have no ill feelings towards vegans or veganism. It is not for me but I can see the benefits and why people would want to do it. However, when it comes to the Ching Hai cult, veganism is being used as a weapon in a completely unhealthy way.

Ching Hai is always talking about veganism. Everything relates back to you have to be a vegan or else you are evil when it comes to this woman. A large part of the reason behind this is because the master herself owns a food processing company and the Loving Hut franchises. The other part is that veganism is a way for her to control her followers.

Having control over something so vital and personal is a sure sign of a cult. When you can control every aspect of someone's personal life, you control that person completely.

Buddhism doesn't even require you to be a vegan.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I am a vegan and I don't have that much information about Ching Hai.

    To me it seems good that she's promoting veganism, I don't see any problem with it.
    What does make me worried is what I've read about people buying lots of stuff from her online shop, and the fact that the cult's finances are not public.

    I am interested and would like to know more about how she is trying to control people through veganism. I do go to vegan restaurants, and I even ate at one of her restaurants once.

    Hope you can help me, thank you very much for attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polaroid Bottle - Tatian Art | T-BoneStakes, Inc.
    It's a bottle for ice cream, ice cream, ice cream, ice cream, titanium oxide ice titanium eyeglass frames cream and ice cream made from a ford edge titanium 2019 top-shelf harbor freight titanium welder bottle, titanium piercings

    ReplyDelete